Bighead is a art of Bossard Group, a global network of companies headquartered in Zug, Switzerland. The network helps them share expertise with market leading peers in other fastening technologies across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. Bossard employs over 2,000 people in more than 60 locations.
- Open with each other, and with our partners, because true collaboration demands trust.
- Diligent because they know their customers rely on them.
- They are brave because no challenge is too big and it takes courage to discover something new.
- They are optimistic because they are working together to create a better future.
They help designers and engineers to fasten materials across a wide range of industries. From super-cars and luxury yachts to infrastructure projects and public utilities. Wherever you see a complex fastening challenge, you’ll find a bigHead hard at work.
Choose from their range of 400 standard bigHeads. Or if you need something special, they’ll make you a custom design. Whichever option you go with, you’ll get a versatile fastener that will save you time and cut production costs.
BigHead works with manufacturers in; Automotive, Marine, Rail, truck, bus and speciality vehicles, Construction, Energy, General industry, Aerospace and defence, Special projects…
Benefits of embedding a bigHead:
- Up to 66% lighter than traditional bolts
- Saves space, as you don’t need to anchor the bolt in extra composite
- More precise fastening location directly from the mould tool
- Quicker process with no secondary fastening installation
- Higher tensile and torsional loads
· Used as a connector designed for complex tasks